We're proud of the variety and depth of the Media Services collection. In the interest of bringing you some highlights and deep cuts from our shelves, we'll be posting unusual and interesting Top 10 lists of some of our favorite DVDs.
When was the last time you watched a DVD bonus feature? At the risk of sounding hackneyed, special features aren't so special anymore; so many films now receive limited editions with behind-the-scene footage and interviews. Even among the best movie releases (like anything put out by the Criterion Collection), it can be exhausting to go through every featurette, trailer, and commentary track.
But there are a few movies with particularly unusual or interesting special features that are worth the detour to the second disc. In some cases, they're even better than the film themselves. With the help of the library's Media and RTL staff, we present the top ten DVD bonus features that are worth tracking down.
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones (HU DVD 7661 - 7673)
- Big Trouble in Little China (HU DVD 6518)
- Blade Runner (DVD 1064)
- Blood Simple (HU DVD 4740)
- Chuck Jones: Extremes & In-Betweens - A Life in Animation (DVD 4176)
- Citizen Kane (HU DVD 434)
- Inland Empire (HU DVD 3109)
- Memento (HU DVD 256)
- This is Spinal Tap (HU DVD 538)
- Treasures of the Twilight Zone (DVD 6478)